News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Lovely flies Col! I need to get tying up some of these for myself!

scotty9

They do look great Mark! I've got a bookmarked list of all your steps by steps ready to be tied up... thanks for openly posting them!

haresear

QuoteAlex do you have a hackle colour preferance for parachutes for  olive upright hatches ?

I started off using yellow hackles Col, but when I ran out ginger worked just as well.

Olive uprights were hatching today on the first river we fished and I got a 2lb 6oz on a today on a no-hackle fly, so maybe I was talking pish in my post when I said this...
QuoteI tie something similar to your CDC for a general olive pattern, but find a lightish olive-bodied parachute on a 14 does as well, or better for the olive upright.

Moved on to river 2 and had another nice fish at 1lb 12oz. It was hard work though.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Scotaidh

In preparation for my visit to south Uist.

Clan Chief

Love the look of those flees fellla particularly like the first one which appears to be a variation of a Kate?

Malcolm

Nice flies. Is the last one tied with a cock feather in order to kick in medium fast water?
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

paulr

Nice flies, I especially like the Machair Spider, a great fly.
cheers
Paul

Scotaidh

Cheers guys.

That last spider does well on calm summer days on the lochs.  I rarely fish rivers, although I have got a season for the Eden this year (4 outings, 6 hours of fishing, no fish), so I have no idea Malcolm!  I have to say though the hackle is actually from a badger hen cape, the white tips are almost free of webbing and is quite cocky, tied in wet fly style as opposed to spider style because I thought it looked "better."

The first one is a bright orange take on a Kate MacLaren right enough, it has taken a fair few bandies for me...

Robbie

Playing with a new toy tonight so thought I'd make use of the results:

Robbie

Andrew Moray

Quote from: buzz on May 13, 2010, 12:13:06 AMhad to resort to gink and hackles :shock:
Not just any hackle - GRIZZLE hackle  :shock:, for the Clyde ?!
The big bad fire awaits  :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjvqY-U9gV0

All the best Mark, and thanks for sharing.
Tony

Go To Front Page