News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wild Boar Bristles F.O.C.

Started by lochgarryfisher, January 17, 2014, 10:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochgarryfisher

Anyone want some wild boar hair free of charge other than postage?
I have a lot, far more than I will ever use, please note for the squeamish out there it is still on the skin and you will need to de-hair it yourself.
Was thinking if folk wanted any they could send me a self addressed and stamped jiffy bag and I will fill the jiffy bag with as much as I can squeeze in.
The bristles differ depending from where on the skin they come from.  The bristles over the back and sides of the boar are brown/black and average 7 cm long and appear to have "split ends", there are far more bristles per square inch on the back than the belly.
The bristles from the belly are a bit longer and have a bit more cream colour to them so if you have a particular pattern in mind and have a preference let me know.
To get the bristles off the skin you can either cut them or boil the skin for a minute and they fall off but you will need to remove the skin shortly before it gets smelly!
Now I am new to this forum, in fact to the internet, if there are any takers could someone let me know the sensible thing to do re giving out my address, should I just post it here or is that a daft thing to do on the internet?

Mark.

mackiia1

Quote from: lochgarryfisher on January 17, 2014, 10:24:45 AM
Anyone want some wild boar hair free of charge other than postage?
I have a lot, far more than I will ever use, please note for the squeamish out there it is still on the skin and you will need to de-hair it yourself.
Was thinking if folk wanted any they could send me a self addressed and stamped jiffy bag and I will fill the jiffy bag with as much as I can squeeze in.
The bristles differ depending from where on the skin they come from.  The bristles over the back and sides of the boar are brown/black and average 7 cm long and appear to have "split ends", there are far more bristles per square inch on the back than the belly.
The bristles from the belly are a bit longer and have a bit more cream colour to them so if you have a particular pattern in mind and have a preference let me know.
To get the bristles off the skin you can either cut them or boil the skin for a minute and they fall off but you will need to remove the skin shortly before it gets smelly!
Now I am new to this forum, in fact to the internet, if there are any takers could someone let me know the sensible thing to do re giving out my address, should I just post it here or is that a daft thing to do on the internet?

Mark.

Mark - use the private message service - anyone who wants some can send you their address -  that said , I don't think you will find too many madmen on here - well , maybe just a couple  :jump; :banana :banana :banana :craz2

lochgarryfisher

Hello Squeemish Andy,
just think, you could get some free crackling  :D
I don't mind the cutting but the problem I fore see is they will all be jumbled up and you may have to spend hours arranging them?
Am easy, if you would prefer that ok but I don't have the time to arrange them all the right way up for you i'm afraid.
Let me know.

bibio1

I would love a chunk if any is available. If there is any available I'll send you my address.

Cheers

Paul

lochgarryfisher

Skin on or off?
Anyone not wanting the crackling, I don't mind cutting the bristles off but if I do you will end up with a bag of bristles that will probably be all jumbled up and you'll have to arrange them yourself, up to yous.  Certainly be able to get a lot more in a jiffy bag without the skin and you wont get any funny looks from the posty re the smell!
And i'm afraid the haunches are spoken for aye.
Mark.

Go To Front Page