News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

yir best flee of 2014

Started by bibio1, October 18, 2014, 07:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

my best fly was a soldier snatcher which was a revelation on a couple of lochs. the fly in the photo was chewed to buggery but continued to catch.

What was yours?

corsican dave

sorry to labour the point, but definitely this well-chewed ear-plug popper for aliens. I must've caught over 40 on this pattern so far. this one's done me for 20+!
[attachimg=1]

on a (slightly) more conventional note: a peach booby fished on a fast sinker. accounted for my best wild brownie and a thumping great crucian out in spain  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Bobfly

Sparse Clan Chiefy sort of thing ....
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

Not sure how I missed this .............................   :?

Not an easy question again, but I'd guess if I had to choose I'd go for a hot spot pheasant tail nymph with tungsten bead on jig hook or ElkZilla which was an outstanding dry fly.

SoldierPmr

Strangely enough this year goes to a size 12 GRHE the bloody thing looks a mess but seems to work. :)

Rabmax

It's a hard one to answer as i try to match the hatch or use a fly that works in certain conditions.Probably my flash-back PTN with pink thorax won but there was quite a few runner-up patterns.The Utah killer bug,Renegade nymph,Olive nymph & Black spiders were all up there too.Been tying loads of PTN's the last few days for next year.Cheers All

haresear

A sparsely tied dirty duster, size 16 was my best dry fly.

Best nymph was the wee brown wire nymph, as usual, size 16.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Rabmax

Quote from: bibio1 on October 18, 2014, 07:14:43 PM
my best fly was a soldier snatcher which was a revelation on a couple of lochs. the fly in the photo was chewed to buggery but continued to catch.

What was yours?
I had a few very good days fishing something that looked like your fly there.I was out one day in windy low water conditions the fish were refusing everything i through at them.It took me a while to figure out that something orange/brown colour was getting blown onto the river.When i went home i tied up a few palmered orange/brown things.It slayed fish for a wee while after that.Cheers All

Rabmax

Quote from: haresear on November 01, 2014, 04:30:10 PM
A sparsely tied dirty duster, size 16 was my best dry fly.

Best nymph was the wee brown wire nymph, as usual, size 16.

Alex
I have also been tying some brown wire nymphs too. Basically a copy of my hot-spot PTN's but more durable than using pheasant tail.Hopefully they will work as good.Can't see why they shouldn't work.Cheers

Hoolet

As usual the big Loch Ordie, size 8's and 10's......sometimes couldn't rip it through the waves fast enough!

Hoolet.
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

Go To Front Page