News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

yir best flee of 2014

Started by bibio1, October 18, 2014, 07:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

Quote from: Rabmax on November 01, 2014, 04:42:24 PM
I have also been tying some brown wire nymphs too. Basically a copy of my hot-spot PTN's but more durable than using pheasant tail.Hopefully they will work as good.Can't see why they shouldn't work.Cheers

Durability -that's why I started tying these too Rabmax. Brown UTC wire for the abdomen. Thorax is hares ear or whatever you like. Wing case dark brown plastic and for the tails I use krystalflash, either black or pearly, sometimes copper.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Rabmax

Quote from: haresear on November 01, 2014, 06:10:49 PM
Durability -that's why I started tying these too Rabmax. Brown UTC wire for the abdomen. Thorax is hares ear or whatever you like. Wing case dark brown plastic and for the tails I use krystalflash, either black or pearly, sometimes copper.

Alex
I have seen your brown wire nymph on the forum & liked it's profile.I often like a dark thorax cover on nymphs as i feel it's a significant trigger.Cheers

Lochan_load

I didn't have one that stood over the season (didn't catch many fish!) but had a great day with a black streamer, 8Ls black seals fur body, black marabou wing with a rubber leg either side, really simple but worked an absolute treat, only picture I have of it ;)

Lochan_load

Ps any chance of a picture of your elkzilla Fred, don't know it

JimJams

bibio, size 10, smashed it all season for me.

Just had in my box, no idea what it was called, had to stop using it in the last couple of months as it was too chewed up! Finally found the name of it and bought heaps!

SoldierPmr

Quote from: JimJams on November 02, 2014, 11:38:21 AM

bibio, size 10, smashed it all season for me.

Just had in my box, no idea what it was called, had to stop using it in the last couple of months as it was too chewed up! Finally found the name of it and bought heaps!
Bibios always work well didn't count how many fish I caught last season on one and got a double hook up this year with it :)

Billy

Coch-Y-Bondhu.

By a country mile the best fly of the year for me. All tied by my own fair hands which was even better. Tying more this week.

Billy

Wildfisher

Billy

highlander2504

For me, the most productive fly was a Kate Maclaren tied with a copper hackle. My best fish was on the straightened  Cinnamon and Gold  in my photo.

Go To Front Page