News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Sand
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 07:12:03 PM
It's amazing the bounty Storms Arwen brought to tank decorators in this area.  ;D  ;D
Open Board / Re: Whisky Reviews
Last post by Jon - Today at 06:59:04 PM
Quote from: arawa on Today at 06:49:08 PMThanks. Quite a few items were "out of stock" here too but I grabbed a bottle of the Elija Craig 12-year old. I like the Mitchers too and have a bottle of the Sour Mash on the go at the moment.

There is. And on the flipside there's stuff that isn't listed on the website. So if you're looking for anything in particular give them a call or drop them a message on FB. :)
Last post by arawa - Today at 06:49:08 PM
Quote from: Jon on Today at 05:57:09 PMErrrrr, honestly there's a decent selection of bourbon in the UK. Infact some bottles can be easier here to obtain than in some US states believe it or not.

We buy a lot from this place. I'll be taking a bottle of Michter's Rye with me tonight from there.

https://www.mitchellswine.co.uk/search/?key=bourbon

Trawl through the page and you'll find a lot of good stuff. The owners James and Frankie really know their stuff and will ship at sensible prices too.

Thanks. Quite a few items were "out of stock" here too but I grabbed a bottle of the Elija Craig 12-year old. I like the Mitchers too and have a bottle of the Sour Mash on the go at the moment.
Last post by Jon - Today at 05:57:09 PM
Quote from: SoldierPmr on Today at 01:41:29 PMIt's a shame we don't get much a selection of bourbons over here. It seems the yanks keep the best for them selves. With such a big internal market they have no need to sell them abroad. I often use wild turkey 101 as my cocktail whisky I think it's pretty good value for money.

Errrrr, honestly there's a decent selection of bourbon in the UK. Infact some bottles can be easier here to obtain than in some US states believe it or not.

We buy a lot from this place. I'll be taking a bottle of Michter's Rye with me tonight from there.

https://www.mitchellswine.co.uk/search/?key=bourbon

Trawl through the page and you'll find a lot of good stuff. The owners James and Frankie really know their stuff and will ship at sensible prices too.

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Sand
Last post by Jon - Today at 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Today at 01:44:52 PMGlorious day here, another walk in the woods, a few more roots. Got way too much now.  ;D

232e6fac-6dc9-4876-ba78-e139727d3b81.jpg

There's a company in Poland who sell roots like that. Those three pieces would retail for around £40....
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Aquarium Plants
Last post by Jon - Today at 05:48:18 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Today at 04:02:48 PMHow small pieces can the Java Moss be safely broken into prior to tying to the wood?

Down to one leaf really. But I'd try and tie it into 3 to 5 bits and let it attach naturally over time. Don't skimp on cotton or fishing line even if it does look a bit messy at first. New moss will grow over it. Same with the Java fern plants too. 

The stuff you've received is commercially grown in Singapore out of the water (Emerging rather than submerged). It will eventually look better after a few weeks / months once fully submerged.
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 04:02:48 PM
How small pieces can the Java Moss be safely broken into prior to tying to the wood?
Last post by Jon - Today at 03:50:25 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Today at 02:58:16 PMPlants just arrived Jon, any thanks. Won't get the tank until Sunday and set up Monday. How best to store the plants until then?

In the fridge in this weather!
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 02:58:16 PM
Plants just arrived Jon, any thanks. Won't get the tank until Sunday and set up Monday. How best to store the plants until then?
Last post by arawa - Today at 02:27:06 PM
I very much enjoyed at Christmas helping my son empty his bottle of 1993 Glendronach. Very very nice. He just sent me this picture from the dutyfree at Edinburgh. No more of that for us!
Go To Front Page