News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

River Tay Waulkmill

Started by burnie, March 04, 2010, 08:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alba

as previously said, flying c's a good shout but id be fishing the devon, floating ones, i believe red with gold belly is good for this time of year, fish it with a bouncing betty or a 6inch dropper on its own about a foot from the point with split shots on it till u find the weight you need

burnie

Thanks alba,that's part of the plan,not sure the blizzards that are forecast are part of the plan though.

Hoolet

Fishing the floating devon:

you`ll find,especially on the Tay,you`ll need a good bouncing betty on a swivel smaller than the one on your main line which allows the betty to freeline above,a 3/4 foot length to the devon and its away you go!!
over the past couple of years my killers have been black/white,yellowbelly,lemon drop(metallic yellowish gold colour) or "the ghost" (all white)
Best betty`s ive got are from Jock Tait,ghillie on upper Redgorton 10 for a tenner.

apart from the upstream worm,its the best spinning of the lot,theres alot of skill in lifting the devon over the boulders where you know the fish might lurk,the trick is in getting the weight just right!

Best of luck,ive still a few weeks to wait till i can get after the big boys,and im climbing the walls already!

George.

Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

burnie

Errrr,right out of bouncing bettys',don't recall seeing them in the shops :D

Go To Front Page