News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Our secrets are safe.

Started by Tweed, December 28, 2009, 04:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tweed

Santa kindly dropped off a copy of the "50 places to fly-fish before you die" by Chris Santella.  I've only read a couple of them so far and while there's a distinct American bias it seems like a nice enough wee read with some pretty good photography.  Interesting to note though that Scotland only got one mention - salmon fishing on the Dee and the Tay; whereas England merited two - Blagdon of all places, and brown trout on the Test  :?.  It would appear we can all rest easy. 

(Oh, and New Zealand only gets one mention as well - can't be all that good then  :lol:)

Wildfisher

Thanks for the warning.

The inclusion of Blagdon  and the Test tell me all I need to know about that book.

Harpo

Quote from: Tweed on December 28, 2009, 04:18:54 PM
Interesting to note though that Scotland only got one mention -

No mention of the River Tampon Almond then  :D

Tweed

I'm sure if they'd stretched it to 51 it would've made it in there :wink:

haresear

Quote from: Ardbeg on December 29, 2009, 02:15:20 AM
That sums it up nicely Fred.

I read just recently that there was a health and safety issue with the string on tampons.  They've quickly re-issued them with tinsel.

:lol: :lol:

Good one.

Alex

Just for the Christmas period, however.

Ardbeg
Protect the edge.

Pearly Invicta

I do like these Valentine Atkinson coffee table books. Great photos but I think the 50-before-you-die book is about the poorest.
'The World of Fly Fishing' is my favourite, followed by 'Trout and Salmon'. The combination of great photos and the excerpts from great angling writers such as Zane Grey and Tom McGuane are unbeatable for the coffee-table format. IMHO of course.

Go To Front Page