News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Clyde book

Started by Malcolm, June 27, 2011, 06:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm

I've never heard of the author - anyone know anything about him or about this book?
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Teither

A wee bit more info, Malcolm ?

T

Malcolm

There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

shanksi

Believe Arran Fishery have copies of the book available.

Highlander

There is one on E Bay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anglers-Book-Clyde-/280701744676?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item415b20b624

Would like a look of it but the £25 for a paperback puts me off. Having said that has 650 colour pictures. Must we some thick paperback.
Naw think I will give this one a miss.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

haresear

See that first photo. That's where a stag cow came rolling and tumling down the hill, narrowly missing me... http://www.fish-wild.co.uk/old/index.php?setissue=15&database=1&getpage=shortlines&pid=19

650 photos can't be right :?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Highlander

Over 100000 words and 650 colour photographs
That whit it say's Alex. Must be some thick paper back.
:)
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

shanksi

Heard the book was A4 size so probably some pages have 3 or 4 photos on them.
Alex - what is it with you and cows ?  :D  Were you a bull in a previous life?  :shock:

haresear

QuoteAlex - what is it with you and cows ?

Ian, I wish I knew. That's why I eat so much beef. They say too much beef is bad for you, but I like to get them before they get me :)

Alex
Protect the edge.

Clan Chief

I just purchased this book today from Clydestyle at Crossford. For me the first impressions are that it is a comprehensive Encyclopedia of Clyde fishing Fly fishing with a strong connection to the Lammington stretch. The reason for so many photos folks is that most of them are thumbnail size pics of flies.I am fairly inexperienced when it comes to river fishing, but do enjoy reading about regional fishing traditions and flies. I am well aware of the classic Bert Sharp book and can understand some traditionalists who will refer to that as thee must have Clyde book. For those who are stuck in their traditions may I suggest, to think of this book as A Clyde Book for the new Millennium. Bert's book was written in the early 1970's and WC Stewarts in the 1850's:I think. The world never stands still so I believe this book has evolved from everything that has been written before. Looking forward to reading and learning from this publication as well as a timely arranged fishing trip to the Lammington stretch next week with a certain WF Forumite who knows the river well and how to fish it.

Go To Front Page