News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Dry Fly Memories

Started by machar, October 31, 2011, 09:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

machar

The ADAA has an author in it's midst! Some of you may know John Walker who fishes Parkhill with his split cane rod and home tied flies.
Well John, who has fished Parkhill for over 50 years, has put pen to paper and published a journal of his reminisces of fishing Parkhill over the last 50 years called Dry Fly Memories!
John's book could be just that stocking filler you are looking for. All the details on the book and how you can purchase it can be read here.

http://www. /pdfs/book.pdf

Wildfisher

Looks very interesting Iain and a must for all us Don trout fishers. It's now on my winter reading list and I shall order my copy forthwith!  Thanks for posting this.  :D

Billy

I got a copy of this last week from Sloans and it is a nice wee read.

Maybe a wee bit overpriced but I enjoyed it all the same. If you started fishing at a young age with no money to spend on gear this will bring back memories.

I am also going to spend more time with the dry fly on the Don this coming season. I might carry it with me and get him to sign it if I run into him at Parkhill.

Billy

Wildfisher

I never got round to it I'm afraid, far too many other books on the to-read list with a wider appeal. I guess it's  just a case of I can go to the Don any time, so why spend yet another unnecessary  15 quid on it.   :lol:  Perhaps one day though, you never know!  

Buanán

Quote from: Billy on December 27, 2011, 03:15:50 PM
I got a copy of this last week from Sloans and it is a nice wee read.

Maybe a wee bit overpriced but I enjoyed it all the same.

Aye, that sounds like Sloans right enough ;)

Sounds like my kind of book though, a memoir rather than a "how to"......

Wildfisher

Quote from: Buanán on December 27, 2011, 04:16:11 PM
Aye, that sounds like Sloans right enough ;)

Sounds like my kind of book though, a memoir rather than a "how to"......

The demand for books like this tends to be local and limited, so wait until it's remaindered and you'll get it for 3 quid.  :lol:

Part-time

I've found myself with a spare copy of this book after Christmas so if anyone would like it PM me and send a donation to the forum (£10?). When Fred confirms payment I'll post 1st class.

Go To Front Page