News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Trout and Salmon January edition

Started by Tim, December 21, 2011, 07:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

All (?) you subscribers to T&S will have seen the piece on Merkland and Assynt in the new edition. I better go to WHSmith tomorrow and buy one...

Fred will rightly point out that the great Wild Fishing forum scooped T&S by just six months here:

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=16100.0

Never done anything for them before but they were very keen on proper fishing. Worst bit was sending some of my dodgy ties...not looking forward to seeing them magnified.

Tim

bibio1

Tim,

After spending the past 30 years buying these mags I have recently kicked the habit. Your report was a great read so keep them coming.

Cheers

Paul

Black-Don

Never saw the 1st report. Great stuff !

Clan Chief

When my mag was posted through the door the other day there, I flicked through it and when I saw that feature I thought it looked familiar, I will read it tonight before I turn in for the night.  :)

Ythanjoe

I recognised your article from the earlier forum post Tim, its the only article in the Jan T&S  I have got around to reading yet, a good read revisited. Shame they missed out the picture of the two lads studying a river pool....
Joe

Billy

It was when I saw the two lads in the article I remembered reading it before.

It was good to read even the second time round. I even bought the guide to Assynt yesterday so a wee trip might be on the cards for me next season.

Billy

Part-time

Well done on getting your report published in T&S Tim; nice to read it again in print and hope you get a few more published

John

Highlander

A nice wee story line, bit different from the norm. Not so sure about "The diet of burgers & cricketing heroes DVD's" though.  :)
On an aside thought article by Stan the Man was a load of pish. Poorly written & nothing other than a few tyings Nil content of advice........ Oh this gem of advice, use an intermediate to get fly under surface as a floating line might cause the fly to skate........indeed.
A Cinnamon & Gold for whumpers....gies a break. As was the River Keeper article who has an Ann Summers blow up doll as a scarecrow. Paul Proctors River Wye £48-£80 a day ticket to catch Bows.........Oh they are "wild" thats that river getting a hammering. dinnae think I will bother.
Tight Lines
PS Got T & S  as Xmas pressie, always get something to read in the fishy department. Nothing within that would make me start buying it again, quite the opposite.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Tim

Nothing Highlander...nothing?javascript:void(0);

Thought it was interesting that T&S's choice of pics was very different from those picked out on the forum back in the summer - they had the same one's to choose from.

Many forumites will also recognise the river in the top photo which is certainly not the Shin. I didn't tell them which it was so they seem to have made it up!

Tim

Go To Front Page