News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

"How the salmon takes" & "Why does the salmon take?" DVD"S

Started by Pete, January 25, 2007, 11:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Alright not trout I know- but these two dvd"S on Icelandic salmon fishing have to be the most interesting and well made fishing films I have seen.

Yes there are down points- a presenter who comes across as a numpty when I am quite sure he is nothing of the sort,and perhaps too little in the way of specifics of how they are fishing(though it does seem hard to work it out).

The major and I mean really interesting and enlightening plus is the underwater footage.  In particular a split screen showing the angler and  the fish, and often the total lack of realisation by the angler that the fly has been taken and spat out two, three or four times during the same cast!..

The first film I found slightly more rounded while the second seemed an excuse for the presenter and guides to have a good few trips to all the best rivers- having seen the film who could blame them.  A really very enjoyable watch which proved to me that salmon fishing is as much about perseverance as anything else.  The extras on the second film include a casting demo by a Norwegian who's name I could possibly spell, but by Christ can he cast.

Well worth a look.  I borrowed them from a friend but you can get them over the web from  www.frances.is .  If anyone else has seen them I would be keen to hear their opinion

Pete

Go To Front Page