News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Recent posts

Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: No water Changes
Last post by Fishtales - Today at 09:52:58 PM
I may have made a mistake or perhaps both the Plecs and the Cory have spawned because one of the Plecs I haven't seen for a few days is buried under the filter in that corner. It isn't stuck because it moves back and forward if I tap the glass :) Time will tell :)
Aquariums & Fish Keeping / Re: Maidenhead Aquatics
Last post by Jon - Today at 08:26:03 PM
No. Pet shops have true species. Bronze, peppered, albino are a staple of the trade. You'll find these everywhere.
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 08:05:52 PM
So the likelihood is much of the pet store fish are hybrids?
Last post by Jon - Today at 07:55:16 PM
Yes they can, sadly.
Members' Board / Re: Lunan Water
Last post by burnie - Today at 07:45:13 PM
Arbroath on line Fred, Melissa Mckenzie, tried copying to here, but couldnae do it, copy and paste won't work.
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 07:43:00 PM
Can the various species cross breed and if so are the offspring fertile?
Last post by Jon - Today at 07:30:42 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Today at 07:21:03 PMThe local pet shop has a very limited range of fish but last time I was in they had some small, very light whitey-silvery coloured corys with no markings. Are these all different species or just regional / environmental variations as is common in trout?

As you may have gathered I know nothing about these fish, in fact when someone mentions 'cory' my mind immediately springs to The Rovers Return.  ;D

Different species. There's over 160 described to science. Others find their way into the hobby that are not formally identified hence the 'CW' number (Corydoras World).

However we have seen efforts to line breed them producing 'pet industry strains'. Venezuelan blacks / black cory became very popular years ago but these are not a wild type fish, as one example.

Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 07:21:03 PM
The local pet shop has a very limited range of fish but last time I was in they had some small, very light whitey-silvery coloured corys with no markings. Are these all different species or just regional / environmental variations as is common in trout?

As you may have gathered I know nothing about these fish, in fact when someone mentions 'cory' my mind immediately springs to The Rovers Return.  ;D
Last post by Wildfisher - Today at 07:11:43 PM
Not made up my mind yet Jon, but those look nice.
Last post by Jon - Today at 07:01:29 PM
Quote from: Wildfisher on Today at 06:40:34 PMI was in pets at home today
 Not a lot of fish but they did have some nice little bronze corys

Are they you're favourite?

I've always like cw111, eques and venezuelanus.

https://aquadiction.world/corydoras/
Go To Front Page