News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

At Last They Are Good For Something

Started by superscot, August 15, 2009, 12:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superscot

superscot

Quotethis has been the mildest midge year i can remember

Zoomer I'm in the middle of my Inverpolly report from last week ......nay time during the week due to wains !!!  :lol:

I can honestly say last Friday night on  Loch Sionascaig has to have been the worst night I have ever had to put up with them ....flat calm was really bloody dreadfull and just about drove us all into the tents 

rabbitangler

Having fished the first week in july in assynt for the past seven years I have been astonished at how few times i have been bothered by midges. Only had one night on the water - a couple of years ago - where they were bad. Been worst in lochinver itself at digs. I am astonished at this, having lived in Campbeltown for three years, where you were a brave man who sat watching the sunset in your back garden in summere.

Guddler

Pished doon here in Shetland last night/this morning and it's flat calm today so there are clouds of them - hardly able to set foot outside.
This is the worst I've seen them this year. Up till now there have definitely been noticeably fewer than the norm.

Go To Front Page