News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Cleaning Your Lines

Started by Wildfisher, May 12, 2013, 01:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishtales

If I think it needs it I will just rub it through a microfibre cloth which seems to be enough. I use red Mucilin on the front taper if I think it is lying too low in the water or if the tip starts getting dragged down by the leader when I am fishing the flies static or waiting on them to sink deeper.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Guddler

Not an obsessive cleaner but I have done so and reckon it's made a small difference.
I also carry a 2" square of cloth soaked with Snowbee line lube sealed up in a tiny gripper bag. Sometimes when the casting goes to ratshit I stop and pull the flyline through this a couple of times. Not sure if it's the little break that works or the cleaning/lubing but things are always better afterwards.

Allan Crawford

I think cleaning fly lines makes sense and though not much experience of snowbee lube, I also think this sounds good.
But as I can't even find time to go fishing never mind the chore of cleaning lines, I haven't done either in years and don't think it makes me catch any less fish, ok so I'm catching bandies from hill lochs or from a boat on bigger lochs, but doubt I would have done any better with a cleaner line. When I fish it gets a wash  :D

desmondo

Just last Saturday a pal gave me one of the car dashboard wipes to clean my line whilst out fishing. It immediately made a difference in terms of running smoothly when casting. First time for me and I was impressed.

Wildfisher

These dashboard wipes sound good. What are they called and where do you get them?

haresear

Quote from: admin on May 14, 2013, 09:15:38 AM
These dashboard wipes sound good. What are they called and where do you get them?

I use Armorall, available from any motor accessory place and possibly the big supermarkets?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Wildfisher

Do these sad bastards who stand in fields with measuring tapes and try to out-cast each other use this stuff or is it considered a bit Lance Armstrong?   :lol:

Go To Front Page