News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Franklin Loomis 10 foot #2 nymphing rod

Started by Wildfisher, June 22, 2017, 01:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I finally got round to ordering one of these rods. I guess it will be a week before I have it.  £89 delivered, got to be worth the risk!

I'll let you know how it goes with the old Gallic Nymphing.

caorach

Wee sea trout would be great sport on that, there's a few places I know where they will take size 12 or 14 Donegal Blues and go to about 2.5lb and that has got to be good fun on a 2 weight.

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: caorach on June 22, 2017, 03:04:40 PM
Wee sea trout would be great sport on that, there's a few places I know where they will take size 12 or 14 Donegal Blues and go to about 2.5lb and that has got to be good fun on a 2 weight.

I have already  had a few sea trout up to 2 1/2 lb  this season on my #4 weight and that certainly was interesting.

alba

Wildfisher

Quote from: alba on June 22, 2017, 03:51:38 PM
Only read good reports from them.

I can't find any reports on them!  They might also make a decent loch style rod when fishing for typical  wee  fish from a boat.

superscot

QuoteI finally got round to ordering one of these rods. I guess it will be a week before I have it.  £89 delivered, got to be worth the risk!

How many rods noooooooo Fred that yi over the ton !  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Let me see used twice confined to the big dark room under the stair !!! 

Wildfisher

I sold quite a lot of gear last year Colin, rods, motors etc.

Mainly stuff from the old, dark days  of loch fishing.  This new rod will open up new possibilities  of river bait fishing.  :lol:

superscot

Seems your being pulled to the dark side Fred ... :lol: :lol: New rod worms,maggots and of course your wee bottle of Ace worm extract !

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page