News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

BFCC Glasgow

Started by Malcolm, September 11, 2011, 10:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: Brian Mcg on September 12, 2011, 11:47:14 AM
One thing I noticed was that Scott Louden casts skillfully and with consummate ease that was lovely to watch.

Funny you should say that. I was watching Alan cast on rainy and windy Loch Damph  last Sunday. Not massive distances,  but it was great to watch the relaxed total control and the beautiful  loops. He also caught a 6lb fish. I have fished with Alex 100's of times. Superb technique always in control, catches more big fish than most of the other members of this forum put together.

I think that says it all really.  If I was at the Glasgow club I would aim to cast like Alan and Alex if I could.

Ask them nicely and they may be willing  to pass on a  few hints and tips too.  :8)

scotty9

Pah that's the only decent fish Alan has caught all season  :lol: Besides loch fishing is luck, not casting skill  :makefun :makefun

On a more serious note they are both very good, polished casters.

What really separates Alex in my eyes in terms of consistent big fish catching is two things in particular. One is patience, Alex has a lot of patience in being able to sit and wait for a rise or other indication of a fish before casting. I struggle with this, I imagine others also do and jump straight in to fish the water if a rise doesn't come along in 5 or 10 minutes. And secondly he is pretty fantastic at getting a drag free drift - that's where the control comes in. One of the best things you can get from Alex is to watch him cast/mend/retrieve on a river.

scotty9

haresear

I see the BFCC have put up a report now... http://www.thebfcc.co.uk/gale-force-in-glasgow.html

Results are very impressive by the Scottish guys, especially in such awful conditions. The results are here... http://www.thebfcc.co.uk/glasgow-11-sept-2011.html

Alex

Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on September 13, 2011, 06:31:55 PM
thank christ i didnt go to that bfcc thing :lol:

Amen brother !!!   :lol:    

Just think what you would have missed - possibly the most special and unique fishing outing  of the season!  They don't often happen like that one and I'm not just talking about the fish.  Sometimes things just crystallize when you least expect them to. That makes them so special!     :8)

Go To Front Page