News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Casting DVDs

Started by haresear, October 20, 2008, 12:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haresear

I have videos and DVDs by Michael Evans, Peter Anderson and Mel Krieger.  Today Joan Wulff's Dynamics of Fly Casting DVD was recommended to me.

Anyone seen it? Obviously Joan is a superb caster - I have seen some footage. How does she rate as a teacher?  I watched some Lefty Kreh stuff and I found him opinionated and dismissive of styles other than his fairly unorthodox side cast.

Mel Krieger I really liked (he sadly passed away last week) , but he won't be everybody's cup of tea.

What is the best instructional casting film you have watched? I mean a full length one. I visit Sexyloops and the clips are great, but I'm interested in what you think of full length casting films of say 30 minutes or longer.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

I like the Mel Krieger DVD. The style is  typically OTT American, but still good. To be honest I find most of the  SL clips impossible to watch. Too short to be useful and the sound is quality is  horrific on some of them making the experience  tiresome. That said all credit to them for making the effort, not an easy thing to do and they are free after all.

Go To Front Page