News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

SYHA

Started by wee bri, September 12, 2010, 10:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wee bri

http://www.syha.org.uk/home.aspx

To be honest, I'm not much of a camper.
I kinda like a bed at the end of a day.
I've never slept in a hostel either.
The thought of bedding down for the night with complete strangers is a wee bit off putting to me.
I shared the bunkhouse at Balmaha with a few mates at the end of last season but they gave me hard time about my snoring....ba**ards.
Honestly.......dunno what they were complaining about......I never heard a thing :D.

Anyway, I had a look at some of the sites on the link and you can get single rooms at some of them.
Also, a lot of them are pretty close to decent fishing and maybe an ideal base for exploring.

Anybody tried them?

wee bri.............

Harpo

Aye Bri, I tried them a few years ago....they are fine but out of 4 nights I spent 3 nights sleeping on the couch in the living room as the snoring was outrageous :shock: - even the ear plugs couldn't block it out....."sounds" like you'll be fine :roll:

Cheers

Stu

harelug

I used them lots, 3 -4 weeks every year, long time ago now but never had a problem with snorers. Admittedly after cycling 140 miles a day 6 pints and a couple of malts I could have slept anywhere. :)
There is no greater
  fan of fly fishing

Than the worm

Malcolm

I used to use them a lot when the lads were young. My favourite was the Loch Ossian hostel you have a walk of about a mile from Corrour station and it seems like forever when you are walking late evening in the snow carrying food bedding and everything else for a group of young kids and yourself. Very basic but just the job for us.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

paulr

I love staying in Youth Hostels, as Malcolm says the Ossian one is great.
I use them more in the winter when I'm snowboarding especially the Aviemore one.

cheers
Paul

doogs

Just back from using the Aviemore hostel.  Canny beat them for value and facilities suchas drying rooms at some are ideal.  Stink of stale garlic and sweaty kit however was overwhelming in the dorm.................

Go To Front Page