News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

3 for 2 on OS Landranger

Started by bushy palmer, February 27, 2011, 01:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushy palmer

bushy palmer

Quote from: Alan on February 27, 2011, 04:12:10 PM
good call that, how come when you buy them in shops wherever you go fishing they cost 120 quid? :lol:

Exactly what I was trying to avoid this year Alan- I always end up paying over the odds for these. :roll:

bushy palmer

Quote from: Alan on February 27, 2011, 04:42:33 PM

which reminds me, when are you going? if you go after july 1st it would save me 4.66 :D

Dinnae worry about that too much Alan- at this rate ?4.66 won't buy a litre of diesel come July :D

scotty9

Quote from: Alan on February 27, 2011, 10:03:03 PM
plan is stay twice as long, making diesel half the price, and drink more, actually beer is up too so this makes no sense whatsover :lol:

Aye but a night on the piss makes you forget about how much you actually spent  :lol:

A beer in town here costs ?4, yes 4 pounds!  :shock:

StuDoig

Getamap is definately handy but only gives a limited area on the screen (though it is continuous if you scroll) unless you are happy to sit and piece the images together before printing it becomes annoying for longer days.

If you keep an eye out you can get digital maps a good prices, I got the whole of the UK for ?60 a couple of years ago from Anquet which has been excellent for planning trips (walking and climbing as well as fishing).  sounds like a lot of cash, but when I tallied up what I end up spending on maps for areas I only visit once, + maps being lost / falling apart it works out pretty well!

deergravy

Quote from: guest on February 28, 2011, 07:59:02 PM
The OS Getamap service is free and pretty good - but only 1/50 000
:?: Goes to 1/25000
But yes, good site, print the area you intend to fish and laminate it.
A free, waterproof map for the day. (Tip from Jon Beer, T&S)

scotty9

Quote from: deergravy on March 01, 2011, 10:28:43 PM
:?: Goes to 1/25000
But yes, good site, print the area you intend to fish and laminate it.
A free, waterproof map for the day. (Tip from Jon Beer, T&S)

Or sellotape it if you plan on reading it in the rain but not swimming with it all day!

StuDoig

or the luxuary option - a heavy duty freezer bag!  Served me well as a map case when I was a student!

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

StuDoig

Aye their sales are pretty good value!

Go To Front Page