News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Expensive Plastic Gizmo

Started by Highlander, February 20, 2011, 10:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noddy

I am thinking of getting one of these clip on magnifiers, Scotfly uses the Orvis one does anyone use the Snowbee one?  The Snowbee one flips in closer to the eyes which I thought would be more effective than the Orvis one which sits on the edge of the skip.  I suppose effectiveness will be dependent on the visual deficiencies of the person using it.

Jim

Darwin

I have one that slides back and front to help get them in the right place so they work.  I think the brand is Hat Eyes.

johnsd

I have the snowbee magnifiers adjust well they are good i even use them for tying flees,sit better on a flat peak baseball cap that rounded cheers John
yer going where

Highlander

Quotelooks simple but good in design
..............oh don't forget cheap.
Mine has dumbell chain, noo a wee bit of cord.............Dearest bog chain I have ever bought.

:roll:
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Andrew Moray

Quote from: Element on March 05, 2011, 12:35:19 PM
The wee plastic gizmo arrived today all the way from down under ...
Much cheaper than GAC I'll bet  :wink:

When I got mine direct, they were even better value relative to our price.
I think I got 3 for the price of one here in the UK.
Was going to give one to a guy called Alan I know, but he had already bought one from GAC ...

johnsd

Must have wee plastic Gizmo arrived today from OZ ?6.30 all in, must find chain to attach it to my fly vest so it looks as if I have more money than sense  :)cheers John
yer going where

Andrew Moray

Hello John,

Quote from: johnsd on March 10, 2011, 02:11:42 PM
Must have wee plastic Gizmo arrived today from OZ ?6.30 all in, must find chain to attach it to my fly vest so it looks as if I have more money than sense
:lol:
They were even cheaper when he did them direct, before he started going via ebay.
Some folk must be loaded, like you, I'll stick with my cheap corded version ...  :D

Did it come with the wee bit paper giving excellent wee tips like cutting the tippet at 45deg to help threading etc ?.

ATB
Tony

johnsd

Quote from: Andrew Moray on March 10, 2011, 03:55:21 PM
Hello John,
:lol:
They were even cheaper when he did them direct, before he started going via ebay.
Some folk must be loaded, like you, I'll stick with my cheap corded version ...  :D

Did it come with the wee bit paper giving excellent wee tips like cutting the tippet at 45deg to help threading etc ?.

ATB
Tony  

Yes and some nice stamps which I could possibly sell on to reduce the price even more
:lol: :lol:
yer going where

Andrew Moray

Quote from: johnsd on March 10, 2011, 07:53:05 PM
Yes and some nice stamps which I could possibly sell on to reduce the price even more
:lol: :lol:
Aha, a man with an eye for a bargain  :lol:

Alan, how much did yours cost ? ...

Highlander

Away & bile yer heid ya mug.

?12   :(
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page