News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Camper Van Hire can anyone recommend.

Started by allco, April 01, 2011, 10:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Anyone  ever considered  the caravan, pipe and bunnet option?   :lol:

Ythanjoe

I hired one from Deeside motorhomes last year and got the full deposit back after a week with four teenagers, not bad really but not on your route I guess.
There not as convenient as you think, if your at a campsite and the fishy water is more than a short walk away, you cant just sneak off for an early morning cast, well you can but people fall out of their beds and stuff goes everywhere- been there done that!! :D
Joe

Billy

We hired one last July from a guy in Slammanan.
He had two vans a two berth and a four berth. We took the two berth which was less than a year old and you would pay ?800 a week plus deposit for any damages.
I did not expect my wife to enjoy it as she is not the outdoor type but she mentioned the other week that she would not mind doing it again. Result!
If you would like contact details Steve I will forward them on but we used him as we were local. I did a report last year of our West coast jaunt.

Billy

haresear

I've only ever seen one of these in the UK, but a lot of Canadian anglers use them. You just park up, drop two supporting legs at the front and drive you 4x4 out from underneath and go fishing. http://www.bigfootrv.com/bigfootrv_whats_new.html

Alex
Protect the edge.

alancrob

superscot

About 6 miles to gallon ....expensive holiday ! :D

allco

Quote from: superscot on April 04, 2011, 06:55:26 PM
About 6 miles to gallon ....expensive holiday ! :D

You got to be kidding what size of van at 6 miles to the gallon.  :crap

Glenogle

A bit late but maybe handy for those in the central belt.  May try them out myself at start of sep. Doesnt seem too bad if you split the 5berth between 3 of you.
http://www.rtamotorhomes.co.uk/hirerates.html

Go To Front Page