News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wildfisher Fly Lines.

Started by guvnor77, June 11, 2011, 02:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Quote from: admin on June 12, 2011, 08:03:02 AM
Most lines are far too long Brian, I agree with that. Some are just totally ridiculous and will never fit onto a normal reel. As my WF lines are for fishing and  do not have crazy back tapers I normally just cut a few meters off the running line - cutting off is easier than putting on.  :lol:   Or another option is buy a DT and cut it in 1/2 - 2 lines for  the price of one and both perfect for normal fishing - that way a long line is a definite advantage as long as it's a DT  :8)

But I want to practice long stuff in the park and fish with the same line   :lol:

On a more serious note, I too have fished the grey line here and got on very well with it. Can't really add much to what has been said other than reinforcing all the aforementioned points. It's certainly not a line you'll regret buying.

My only gripe and this is due to personal perference is I don't like the grey colour! I've decided I don't like lines that blend it, I want something I can see where it is without having to concentrate on it. The highland white is probably perfect!

east wind

Tried the Heron Grey out for the first time today in a stream without much room to play around. Felt/heard a little bit of resistance through the rings loading but the line shot out nicely turning the fly over well on short to medium distances, helping me catch dozens of fast wee trout.

To think I once spent £50 on a slinky called Sage Quiet Taper 2 to perform miserably in similar conditions.

Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

I use Snowbee line slick on all my floating lines, no matter who made them. I have heard these car dashboard polishes can damage lines, but can't say I have tried them.

scotty9

Quote from: admin on June 14, 2011, 07:42:28 AM
I use Snowbee line slick on all my floating lines, no matter who made them. I have heard these car dashboard polishes can damage lines, but can't say I have tried them.

Certainly bollocks in regard to snowbee lines (that's all I've tried armourall on). Was using it often over a year and a half ago and no ill effects on my lines to this day. It doesn't last as long as snowbee line slick but I think it is slippier, trade off is you need to coat the line more often.

A good trick is to slick the guides and the underside of the blank too, get it gliding out  :8)

Go To Front Page