News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Old Fishing Reels

Started by Glenogle, September 20, 2011, 11:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenogle

I have came into some old fishing reels, they are in not very good nick, but i have not had a proper look at them yet.
Does anyone know anywhere on the net that is good for finding out info on old reels?

Cheers

Highlander

It would help if you tell us the makes & a picture paints a thousand words.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Inchlaggan

I'd be astounded if you managed to baffle the experts on this forum......
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

burnie

If there's any with the name Hardy on them,box 'em up and send 'em to me.................worthless I'll chuck 'em in a bin for you :worried

Glenogle

Cheers, didnt, notice any names.  I only had a quick squint at a couple.
Will have a proper look after dinner and see what i can get info wise from them.  Would need to clean them up a bit before posting pics i think.

Inchlaggan

Be careful about cleaning, you can reduce their value by cleaning them-stupid I know, but true.
Put the photos up BEFORE you clean them.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Glenogle

Ok, sorry about the delay. Here are some uncleaned pictures. They are probably worthless, cant see any names or much detail on any of the reels.  The one on the left is the lightest of the three and looks a little more modern.  The middle one is rather heavy by reel standards and is approx 3.5" diameter.  The one on the right is similar to the middle one but smaller.  Middle and right are brass i think.  Spinning reel is the only one with any markings i can see and looks like it says "0 K g" ??? Any info appreciated.
I'll sell the lot for £150  :lol: as thats how much it is for the skip to get rid of the garage that collapsed on the reels  :D

Highlander

QuoteIt would help if you tell us the makes & a picture paints a thousand words
QuoteThey are probably worthless
Your right
Quoteyou can reduce their value by cleaning them-stupid I know, but true
I am doubled up with that posters comment
For what is worth the rust bucket on the left is what you call "A Boys Reel" used for coarse fishing & probably made by the English firm Harrington. If not Harrington the Russian firm Tokaz made reels like this. Next two were fly reels, middle one Brass but past the patina stage & the one on right looks like an older alloy but again corrosion has set in permanently all  beyond recovery. The spinning reel is possibly a Harrington Omnia or an old Intrepid Monarch. Afraid that too not worth anything.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Glenogle

Quote from: Highlander on September 30, 2011, 10:33:14 PM
Your rightI am doubled up with that posters comment
For what is worth the rust bucket on the left is what you call "A Boys Reel" used for coarse fishing & probably made by the English firm Harrington. If not Harrington the Russian firm Tokaz made reels like this. Next two were fly reels, middle one Brass but past the patina stage & the one on right looks like an older alloy but again corrosion has set in permanently all  beyond recovery. The spinning reel is possibly a Harrington Omnia or an old Intrepid Monarch. Afraid that too not worth anything.
Tight Lines

Thanks for the reply, not really bothered about their worth (or lack of in this case).  The middle one still seems to work fine, although weighs a ton, so might be a novelty to use now and again once cleaned up.

Go To Front Page