News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Authanic wire

Started by col, April 25, 2011, 12:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

Any of you guys tried Titaniam wire? that works very well for a leader for Essox. These multi strand nylon coated are OK for fishing plugs & Spinners but not so handy for fly traces IMHO. Still horses for courses as always. Have not tried Authanic, I believe it is a braid & can be knotted direct without links or swivel which is a bonus.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

haresear

I'm thinking of going back to a wee bit of fly fishing for pike again shortly, as well as pollacking so I'll give the Authanic a try.

I can't say I've ever tried the titanium Alan. Does it stay kink free even after a few fish?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Highlander

I'll be honest Alex I have not put in enough hours for Pike to be 100% that it does not. But in my limited experience it has not done so at the moment. Possibly because it is married to a furled leader that makes the difference I do not know. Reports I get from the States that it does not but time will tell. Not many in the UK have ever used it so feedback is minimal to non existent like any "new" material is.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

haresear

Quote from: Highlander on June 12, 2011, 11:18:56 PM
I'll be honest Alex I have not put in enough hours for Pike to be 100% that it does not. But in my limited experience it has not done so at the moment. Possibly because it is married to a furled leader that makes the difference I do not know. Reports I get from the States that it does not but time will tell. Not many in the UK have ever used it so feedback is minimal to non existent like any "new" material is.

Tight Lines

Thanks Alan.

Alex
Protect the edge.

gasman

Thats a good price for Authanic wire,I have just paid £10 for 5m  :x
Ok there is the minimum order of £30, but you can always do a group buy.

Gary

Go To Front Page