News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

From Shocked of Glen Garry

Started by Inchlaggan, January 31, 2012, 06:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

Mike had enough?  What happened?

Black-Don

It must be a massive commitment running a highland hotel such as the Tomdoun. How long had Mike been the owner ?

If I had the dosh I'd definately consider buying it but I think it would be for conversion to a residential property.

Quote from: admin on January 31, 2012, 06:55:58 PM
Mike had enough?  What happened?

Going by the very honest schedule Fred it's maybe due in part to a downturn in business because of the economy. I reckon there is a lot of potential for development for someone with a bit of cash especially with 80 acres available. The sad thing is one of the potential options for development could include a bow hole to keep the less enlightened occupied in their pursuit of instant gratification.

mario

Quote from: Inchlaggan on January 31, 2012, 06:30:08 PM
http://www.asandj.co.uk/property.asp?intent=details&propid=171
dont mean this in a bad way ..........but does this open up  access/fishing to us guys as having remembered recent post in previous website limiting fishing/access/launching facilities?????????????? :lol:

fergie

Not the easiest place to sell it took gordon the previous owner a few years to shift it.

Black-Don

Quote from: mario on January 31, 2012, 10:38:27 PM
dont mean this in a bad way ..........but does this open up  access/fishing to us guys as having remembered recent post in previous website limiting fishing/access/launching facilities?????????????? :lol:

I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet Mario  :roll:  :lol:

bibio1

Spent a few nights at this establishment and had a great time. As for development potential I would not touch it with a barge pole. You'll lose yir shirt shoes socks and everything else to do a proper job.

Shame looks like another fishing hotel bites the dust.

Cheers

Paul

alancrob

I don't know about this one but most hotels of this type I have seen go up for sale it is a long term project. Average sales period seems to be 5 or 6 years.

A.

Buanán

Quote from: mario on January 31, 2012, 10:38:27 PM
does this open up  access/fishing to us guys as having remembered recent post in previous website limiting fishing/access/launching facilities?????????????? :lol:

Doubt it mario, Mike is quite open access as these things go, and I can't see how things could get any better in that regard once he sells. A new buyer is unlikely to be of a similar cut. It's just the way these things go, tends to be cyclical. I hope for the locals, and us not so local, that things work out for the best for everyone.

Have to say that I like Mike and in my opinion he's been good for the place and area. He'll be missed.

fergie

I know the reason gordon took so long to sell it was he refused to sell to anyone who wanted it for a private residence .It had to stay as a hotel he felt it was too big a part of the local community.Dont know if its still like that as i havnt been in it for years.

Go To Front Page