News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

20th Anniversary Year

Started by Wildfisher, January 16, 2024, 02:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

Quote from: tomcatin on January 16, 2024, 11:41:25 PMI stumbled upon this website in 2006 by happy accident and the intervening 18 years I have read posts that have inspired me, annoyed me, made me laugh out loud, made me think, taught me a lot and most of all made me feel part of a rather odd community!

This thread alone speaks volumes for that community and the website https://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9025.0

Thanks to Fred and the team for making it happen!

Who knows the website may still be thriving in 2044!

I thought it was really cool that you were part of an open cast I used to fish.   8)

superscot

How time flees past us all  ;D

zeolite

I had to go and check. I joined in 2005. A LOT of things have happened to me in that time but this forum has Been a constant. Congratulations Fred

I think an anniversary event in the summer is in order.
Schrodinger's troots pictured above.

sagecirca

Quote from: zeolite on January 21, 2024, 01:10:33 AMI think an anniversary event in the summer is in order.

I would be up for a meet. Would be good to put some faces to the names.

arawa

I have not been a member from the beginning, but I suspect the Forum's finest hour was the sharing of information/views and subsequent lobbying against the SG's Wild Fisheries Bill. A good outcome for us all.

Wildfisher

Quote from: arawa on January 21, 2024, 02:28:21 PMthe Forum's finest hour was the sharing of information/views and subsequent lobbying against the SG's Wild Fisheries Bill. A good outcome for us all.

Indeed and it proved beyond doubt that on no account should clueless urban based politicians EVER be allowed to meddle in countryside matters. The SNP's wild fisheries bill was the closest thing to a catastrophe that Scottish angling has ever faced. It would have destroyed access to trout fishing. My own dealings with our local MSP and the responsible minister left me flabbergasted at their lack of knowledge of angling law and the implications of what they were proposing. It would have been the biggest shift in power against ordinary people since the Enclosure Act in England back in the 17th Century.

Pricks!   >:(

Scozzie

Take a bow Fred you deserve it

silverbutcher

Gaun yirsel guys. Thanks for keeping going. I don't visit as often as I used to but I still enjoy all posts. I've learned a lot from here through the years  :)

scoobyscott

Well done Fred and the team. 20 years is quite an achievement 👏
Quote from: zeolite on January 21, 2024, 01:10:33 AMI think an anniversary event in the summer is in order.
I'd be up for that 🎣🥃

Go To Front Page