News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Airflo Ridge Lines

Started by Wildfisher, September 22, 2013, 11:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Anyone tried those? yes I kow Airflo have a bad reputation  for memory (they use a mono core) but forget that for now.   Simply put, all other things being equal,  the friction as the line runs through the rings  depends on the coefficient of friction of the line coating and the surface area of the line that is in contact with the rings. Try casting a #6 floater and a much thinner #6 hi-d if you doubt that.

So, how much less contact surface area do these ridge lines have and how much of a difference does it make?

Wildfisher

Quote from: guest on September 22, 2013, 12:00:27 PM
I do prefer a braided core but don't know why

Me too, the line tends to be more supple and hold less coil memory. I am surprised you didn't find it was easier to shoot for the reasons stated above. That said I have never had one so have no idea  how slick the coating is. Just to be clear I have no intention of getting one, I'm more than happy with my own lines, but one must keep an open mind.

Bobfly

When I saw the 'blurb" for ridge lines I thought more of the possible increase in retention of grubby matter into the grooves between the ridges and the difficulty of effectively cleaning the line. Much more straightforward with a round line to clean it. How would you get the crap out of the grooves ????
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

bushy palmer

I got one a few years ago. It seemed to trap more dirt that any other line which carved sore lines in my finger which would bleed after some time.

Go To Front Page