News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

We don't need this kind of crap in Scotland .............................

Started by Wildfisher, January 28, 2016, 12:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

.................................... we simply walk with our mouths open ......................................  :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y25HN3kvMbk

Bobfly

It might apply well to some locations in the world ... but not much use here !!!  Would certainly give clean water if it is condensing vapour so maybe quite a neat idea.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Simon Everett

I know it is old, but I am catching up and killing cold, wet days - the prospect of cutting firewood in this weather doesn't appeal.  :sleep4;

The You tube has gone, due to infringements, but for solarising water vapour, all you need is a decent piece of black polthene, such as used for darkroom paper in the old days.

If it is set so that it has a dip in middle, a small pebble is all it needs, supported around edges by pegs or stones. The sun will condense water to the underside, the dip shape makes the drips fall off - put your mug underneath and it will fill from the drips.

Of course, in Scotland you just collect water from the stream, I bet on the moors you are never more than 100 yards from running water.  :lol:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Element on January 18, 2017, 08:12:12 PM
... but I have still seen folks using 'water filters' with burn & loch water before they drink it...  :D

Never underestimate the power of marketing.

No doubt sooner or later there will be an EU health directive making it illegal to drink from burns without first running the water through an EU approved filter.

Luckily it won't affect us.    :lol:

Simon Everett

Unless the Queen of Scotland gets her way. Also known as, The Wicked Witch of the North.  :lol:

johnny boy

That bitch has nowt to do with the north o Scotland, unless it's a well populated area she, like many of the rest of them, don't give a f*** about us up north and west, all we are is backdrop nostalgia when needed, otherwise forgotten.

Lochan_load

For such a non political forum there seems to be an awful lot of political comment made on a daily basis.

Fishtales

I must admit it gets a bit wearing and there is enough of it on Facebook and other forums without it creeping in here. I'm not interested in talking about politics, football or religion so I stay clear of any discussion which involves any of the three.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Hoolet

Well said Sandy, I for one wholeheartedly agree. Does get a bit tiresome.

Hoolet
Ye Canny Fry A Rise!

johnny boy

If you want to check my posting history go for it, likely as  not its my this is my first political posting,  possibly ever, I apologise if my slight deviation from an angling perspective has irritated your sensitivities and will endeavour to ensure all postings in future adhere to wild fishing.

No more wildlife,  environmental, sporting, political, weather, shopping, it development, death of non fishing icons and RUGBY topics, just WILD FISHING here.

The rest o u better observe t new rules as well, or ELSE

Go To Front Page