News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

We don't need this kind of crap in Scotland .............................

Started by Wildfisher, January 28, 2016, 12:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

I wasn't referring to your post, just the general movement of traffic. There is a rule about no political posts on here and it's for good reason, it causes arguments. I've been suspended before for far less abusive posts than I've seen recently and I now realise that all I want from the forum is discussion about fishing, flies, the outdoors and any other subjects around it. I echo what has already been said, there are plenty other places where arguments about politics are everywhere, this forum is better without them.

Wildfisher

Just to clarify. The rule is  "Posts on divisive subjects such as football, religion and politics (unless directly connected to fishing or conservation) will be modified or removed without notice."

This can be read here in the Registration Agreement each member agrees to when they sign up.

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=17147.0

For example: when politicians interfere in fishing, for example the WFR,  then they have politicised  fishing. It is a valid subject no matter  which party is involved.  We don't want to go down the road of heavy handed moderation, it's best that members self moderate.  A bit of common sense needs to be applied taking context, humour etc into account. This thread was clearly banter from the first post and not meant to be taken seriously.

An exception to the "light touch"  is  personal insults, personal attacks and the like on other members. This is not tolerated.  If there is something  you don't like then ignore it. This has served us well over the past years.

johnny boy

OK, I may have vented, just thought that once in a while it would b OK  but take ur point, will try to be less,.,....., well ......me in future.. I am sure admin will keep his eye on me for my Nazi style approach and sensor as appropriate

rannoch raider

Quote from: Fishtales on January 19, 2017, 10:02:28 PM
I must admit it gets a bit wearing and there is enough of it on Facebook and other forums without it creeping in here. I'm not interested in talking about politics, football or religion so I stay clear of any discussion which involves any of the three.

Well said Sandy.

rannoch raider

Quote from: Lochan_load on January 20, 2017, 12:40:12 AM
There is a rule about no political posts on here and it's for good reason, it causes arguments. I've been suspended before for far less abusive posts than I've seen recently and I now realise that all I want from the forum is discussion about fishing, flies, the outdoors and any other subjects around it. I echo what has already been said, there are plenty other places where arguments about politics are everywhere, this forum is better without them.

Couldn't agree more. Well said. This forum is a cut above the rest and I for one would  like to see it stay that way.

haresear

Quote from: Fishtales on January 19, 2017, 10:02:28 PM
I must admit it gets a bit wearing and there is enough of it on Facebook and other forums without it creeping in here. I'm not interested in talking about politics, football or religion so I stay clear of any discussion which involves any of the three.

Me too. We each have our view on life but it is the love of fishing for wild fishing that drew us to this forum.
Enough said.

Alex
Protect the edge.

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on January 20, 2017, 01:03:25 AM
  If there is something  you don't like then ignore it. This has served us well over the past years.
even if there's something I quite like, i'll often ignore it. but that's just me.... :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

"To those of whom we do not approve, we shall pity in silence!"

emc

This about the only site  where I can read every post without the argument, bitchiness and general nastiness that has made me "flounce off" ( the technical term I believe ) most other sites.

This place is a genuine haven, long may it continue to be so!

Go To Front Page