News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Xink

Started by lnelson20, March 30, 2006, 11:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lnelson20

Anyone use this stuff,was thinking it may be handy for sinking all but the deer hair on the DHE.If you get what i mean :wink:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

rabbitangler

Spit usually works for me. Comes in a handy container and rarely runs out, oh and its free!! :D  :wink:

Peter

lnelson20

Quote from: rabbitanglerSpit usually works for me. Comes in a handy container and rarely runs out, oh and its free!! :D  :wink:

Peter
Cheer's Peter,cheap at the price right enough :wink:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Bob's post earlier explain's it well Steve :D although i have had the odd problem with this pattern in the past :oops: tending to tye it on a heavy wire hook,with slightly more deer hair to keep it sitting in the right position :oops: probably give it a throw at the weekend,even although it's a bit cauld yet :roll:
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Thank's Billy,got a bottle and a few bit's and piece's from Danny's den this morning on the way home from hell :wink: Actually seen a few rise's in the Greenland's last week[if you are familiar with this loch]hardly loupin oot the water,but enough interest to give the dry's[emerger]a try :D
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

lnelson20

Hi Billy

The albion gave up the Greenside a long time ago,free fishing now,the Greenland's is a totally different water Billy,it lies behind the Humphrey and best approached from Milton,although i like the 1 1/2 hour walk over the hill's too this wee loch,not much water to cover,and fish averaging about 3/4 pound and one of my favourites,may have a cast here again at the weekend.
All the best
Chris.
c.nelson

deergravy

I found Xink to be useless for sinking the tippet, as was Loon's synthetic mud. I'm sure it's fine for DHE bodies, but so is a good soaking of loch water, applied with the fingertips!
Permasink is the best for submerging nylon, unless someone knows better.

Dave

Go To Front Page