News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wychwood rods

Started by Fierybroon, April 07, 2006, 09:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fierybroon

Wychwood aftersales has to be up there with the best.After breaking my top section(my fault).Wychwood replaced the whole rod with a brand new one no debate .Top marks :DMost rods come with lifetime guarantees these days but until you need to test it, it can be a worry.Anyone else with similiar stories.

Clan Ford

Two years ago I had the misfortune to break the tip on my Orvis "Far and Fine" - that I had purchased in 1990 in Austin, Texas.  Since then I've moved around a fair bit and had no record of the purchase or the 25 year warrenty card.  However one email to Orvis UK and all was sorted, sent my broken rod to them and two days later recieved a brand new and updated far and Fine.  Fantastic service!

Last year I was stupidy watching deer instead of where I was going, while attempting to negotiate a peat bog on Islay.  Not surprisingly, I plunged into a soggy area of peat and managed to snap my Greys "Platinum X" in the mid section.  I had bought the rod in a sale 6 months earlier but the warrently card held good - I had a copy this time - and the section was replaced (at a nominal cost) but it took nealy three months to arrive, as they had run out of the part.  Not bad service but not in the same league as Orvis.

Given my track record I never buy a rod without a lifetime warrenty!

Go To Front Page