News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

10 Foot #4 Sonik SK Lite

Started by johnny boy, January 04, 2017, 12:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny boy

Hi all, i am looking to get myself a new rod for the coming trout season. I usually use a 10 foot #6 which i find can cope with all the weather we get up here (it can get a tad breezy).  I would like to have a backup to use when the weather is a little milder and hopefully enhance my enjoyment at the same time.

I had a shot of a friends 10 foot #4 SK Lite last year to see what i thought and i really liked it, perfect action, length etc for me.  I was hoping to pick up a little bargain with it being January and all that.

I have searched the net but cant find any SK Lite 10 foot #4 on sale, so before just paying full price i thought i would see if any of you guys know of anywhere i may be able to get one.

I will obviously be monitoring the larger tackle suppliers for any offers between now and March, thanks

caorach

You might have seen me mention it before but I was using an 11 foot 4 weight Leeda for sea trout at Gress this last season. A whole lot of fun for £60. Useless when the wind gets up though as limiting then.

Wildfisher

Don't know of any deals right now JM, but something will turn up if you keep an eye on the various sites. John Norris is always worth a look.

Bobfly

I have a Scierra Stonefly 10' 4wt which is a nice rod but maybe now hard to get in the UK. Another option for a slightly firmer rod and a five piece so quite compact is a Greys Missionary 10' 4/5wt which is also not too bad as a general boat rod and you may get one from Ebay.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

johnny boy

Hi

I have just received my new rod, Game Fare from Berwick as it turns out had the deal.  25% off and no postage.  The free postage may not seem much to some but we can get hammered up here for it, we are part of canada or something when it comes to postage costs!!!!!

Thanks to Stonepark for the heads up, always someone on here who knows where a bargain can be picked up, now to decide on a reel, i have a week trout job but worried it may be a tad too big, will keep an eye open and get one when the missus is looking the other way.

Go To Front Page