News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Camping stoves

Started by Simon Everett, January 17, 2017, 02:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

Worth looking at cycle-touring websites because these guys want kit that is light and small !!
Here, for example, is the Alpkit site with a page of some of their stuff. Near the bottom of this page is the Kraku mini stove at £25. Very compact and light. They have quite a few good bits of stuff including a lightweight 2 person tent at only  1.3kg in two wee packages.
https://www.alpkit.com/bike-luggage

~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Simon Everett

I would soon lose that Kraku stove, it is only the size of an AA battery. Can't argue with that.

arawa

I have sorted and resorted all my fishing tackle so I was wasting time looking at more things I really do not need especially as my camping days are largely over and my mini Kelly Kettle suffices for making tea. Then, prompted by this thread, I found The Honey Stove. http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/all/RD106.html

The ultimate in 100% British designed and manufactured wood burning and multi-fuel Titanium stoves.
Manufactured from .5mm Grade 2 Titanium sheet, which is 29% thinner than the .7mm Stainless Steel model.
This also makes it 55% lighter weighing in at a total of 161g. (Standard model 362g)
A true multi fuel stove which cooks efficiently with virtually any size or shape of cook pot, used by the independent traveller around the world. One which will burn organic matter, esbit/hexamine tablets, night light candles, ANY make of meths (denatured alcohol) stove, Greenheat Fuel Cells and even the standard Trangia gas burner, or other similar variations.

Oh. It is £75 with another £60 for an expansion kit.

Simon Everett

Quote from: arawa on January 27, 2017, 10:36:52 AM
I have sorted and resorted all my fishing tackle so I was wasting time looking at more things I really do not need especially as my camping days are largely over and my mini Kelly Kettle suffices for making tea. Then, prompted by this thread, I found The Honey Stove. http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/all/RD106.html

The ultimate in 100% British designed and manufactured wood burning and multi-fuel Titanium stoves.
Manufactured from .5mm Grade 2 Titanium sheet, which is 29% thinner than the .7mm Stainless Steel model.
This also makes it 55% lighter weighing in at a total of 161g. (Standard model 362g)
A true multi fuel stove which cooks efficiently with virtually any size or shape of cook pot, used by the independent traveller around the world. One which will burn organic matter, esbit/hexamine tablets, night light candles, ANY make of meths (denatured alcohol) stove, Greenheat Fuel Cells and even the standard Trangia gas burner, or other similar variations.

Oh. It is £75 with another £60 for an expansion kit.

£75 for a fire box?  I am sure there are some stones on the foreshore you can make a firebox out of without having to carry them in.  :roll:

arawa

Quote from: Simon Everett on January 28, 2017, 01:56:11 AM
£75 for a fire box?  I am sure there are some stones on the foreshore you can make a firebox out of without having to carry them in.  :roll:
I did not buy it :shock: :shock:

Simon Everett

I didn't believe for one minute you had...I was aghast at the concept of anyone buying it.

arawa

I have been pretty stupid in the past though. As I piled on the kilos I became obsessed with saving grams in my kit. I bought a titanium mug that weighs nothing but is impossible to drink from until the tea has gone cold because the hot metal burns your mouth!

Wildfisher

This is it. we worry about cutting a few ounces here and there from our backpacks when what we really should do is lose a stone off the beer belly.   :lol:

sagecirca

Quote from: arawa on January 28, 2017, 11:21:31 AM
I have been pretty stupid in the past though. As I piled on the kilos I became obsessed with saving grams in my kit. I bought a titanium mug that weighs nothing but is impossible to drink from until the tea has gone cold because the hot metal burns your mouth!

The MSR one? I've had my titanium kettle and cup for about 15 years now...still going strong!

Go To Front Page