News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Loch Treig Hermit

Started by Wildfisher, November 09, 2021, 10:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawhin

Yes that's a couple of big black old whumpers he's taken on a toby in the picture half way down the article. Very ferox-y looking brutes. Chap must know that loch like the back of his hand after all those years. Not sure I fancy his diet of trout and berries though!

Ian   

Bobfly

After he had a stroke a while back he has more folk keeping an eye out with food delivery.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Highlander

There is actually a documentary on BBC Scotland as we speak just now. 10PM-11PM about him
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Inchlaggan

Ex-Forumite "Part Time" looks out for him since his stroke. A few others have met/ know him.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Wildfisher

It's quite surprising that a landowner would allow a squatter  to build  a log cabin on their property and live in it for years. Where did he get the timber?

Where does he shit?   :worms
In our litigious society the estate might also be liable for an harm that comes to him by implicitly approving and endorsing his actions and lifestyle.

I guess on most estates he would have been evicted in short order.

roberth

I met guys at the car park in Fersit who ride motocross bikes in that area and they look in on him when they are up too. I found his story quite sad when the reasons for his lifestyle were explained.

Wildfisher

roberth

There is a small area of woodland about halfway down the loch on the railway side, it's in there.

Wildfisher

Not exactly "remote" with a railway line running past.   :lol:  That said it can't be the easiest place to live. It must be minging.  I didn't watch the program (don't watch 'as broadcast' TV or use iPlayer) but my guess would be his hermit life is now over and he will be getting a lot of curious visitors. The nutter who lived in the bothy at Sandwood did his best to "discourage" visitors including those from the MBA who kept the place from falling down. For the life of me I cannot understand why any landowner would encourage squatters - because that's these people are unless they have permission to live there.

Laxdale

His shack is visible on Google Earth.

Go To Front Page