News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Strike Indicator Tool

Started by Wildfisher, November 21, 2021, 03:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Had a busy morning knocking up 1/2 doz of these.

[attachimg=1]

For those unfamiliar with the concept  take a look at this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiZxO4pAKLA

Now I consider these essential for nymph fishing, some my disagree but they certainly improved my "workflow". So versatile.

The "official"  tool can be bought for £20 or so, alternatively you can have one of mine which are functionally identical. All I ask is you make a small forum donation, £5 seems about right.

Each will come with spare tubing and some Merino wool in 2 colours. If you save the wool and slide the tube back onto the tool when you are finished this kit will last  you for decades.

[attachimg=2]

They are made from a size 18 tapestry needle, a bit of nylon and a sea fishing bead superglued in place.. The needle is cut with a Dremel and the slot deburred. I have been using this for years after losing the £20 one I bought.

burnie

Wildfisher

I have used those in the past Richard but found them a bit heavy and splashy for all but the heaviest rigs.

burnie

I was using a wet fly and one 2mm tungsten bead nymph and it was fine balance wise, though it was so windy it was hard to tell what it was casting like.

east wind

Fred, I'll take one.
I've been using Loon Biostrike putty. In cold temps it goes hard and flies off. in warm temps it goes soft and flies off.

Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Wildfisher

I've tried the putty too Mac and didn't get on with it.
I think I used the same bit  of wool most of last season, just stuck it in to my fly drier when I took it off at the end of the day.  :D

PM me your address and I'll post one out to you.

Highlander

I'll have one Fred. Have posted donation including something to cover postage along with my address.
Tight Lines

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

I'll post it off tomorrow Alan. Thanks.

Bobfly

I have had one of Fred's Indicator Kits for some years and can verify that they work well, last for ages, can use a pinch of sheep's wool off a fence and also adjust easily. Top notch value !!!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Highlander

I remember when "The Original" came on the market some years ago, what was it New Zealand Indicator or something like that  I note hat they are still being sold but at around £20 each bit on the pricey side to say the least.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page