News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Tapered Leaders

Started by east wind, March 05, 2022, 12:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highlander

QuoteUnfortunately they are another brand that don't manufacture a 15ft length

I believe they do them in 12ft which is no too bad. Gonnae give them a try them anyway.
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

east wind

Quote from: Highlander on March 11, 2022, 01:20:34 PM
I believe they do them in 12ft which is no too bad. Gonnae give them a try them anyway.
Tight Lines

GAC have them in stock, Eyeballed them the other day.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

sagecirca

Quote from: east wind on March 09, 2022, 03:33:21 PM
Just back from GAC. Ended up with a couple of the Trouthunter 14ft ones.
They had Varivas 15ft but only in 6X. Remember buying Varivas a few years back but the thin end was so fine I had no confidence so they went straight to the bin. I like them a bit more "industrial"

I'll keep the Stroft in mind, cheers, though I'm cautious reading the debates on Stroft knot strength etc. Perhaps I'm over thinking things.

I would imagine GAC will be selling very old stock of them and I wouldn't go near.

I have been using Stroft for near 15 years and never had an issue other than of my own my own making - poor knots, going too light etc.

burnie

I have almost always tied my own leaders using different bs line, I leave a tail on each knot to add my droppers to the line, usually 8,5,4 lb bs strain and down to 3 on the tippet if they are shy. I have had tapered ones bought for me, but get on just fine with my own. I think when I bought my Hardy outfit a tapered leader came with it, not sure if I used though.

Go To Front Page