News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

cdc flexi-olive ( col's olive)

Started by col, August 31, 2006, 07:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

col

This is a fly i originally devised to represent  olives on the river. It is  my no.1 choice on rivers when things get tough i.e low water and clear.However my favourite is sthe klinkhammer in normal flow rates. It has also proved its worth on lochs taking fish on Dunalistair , Kinardochy and the loch of St. Johns. I believe that flies of a hackleless construction are the way to go on waters where the fish have seen it all before.

HOOK: 12-18 dry fly
THREAD: G.S.P (available from Glasgow angling centre) unfortunately its rather expensive now.This thread is strong thin and lies flat ideal for keeping the abdomen slim.
TAIL: 2 microfibbets tied in a v
ABDOMEN:olive flexi floss
WING:cdc
THORAX:olive squirrall dubbing

the thread is white but if you want to change the hue of the body ,colour the thread orange (or any other colour for that matter) before you wind the flexi- floss (which has a transparency) this gives a nice rusty spinner hue.

aliferste

Looks great, Will go and pick up the materials tommorow......flexi floss ? what section would I get that in....never heard of it ?

Havtafish

I use alot of the same kind of patterns. I like UTC for the laying flat qualities that you mentioned. Works nice for split thread dubbing loop as well.

Flexi floss- or look for spanflex

aliferste

Oh, meant to ask....how many CDC feathers do you use ?

Go To Front Page