News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawhin

That is lovely Clan, just screams trouts :-)

Ian

Clan Chief

Noticed reference to a pattern called the Claret Hen Blackie which I was not aware of in Stans book Trout & Salmon flies of Scotland!  So Ive tied a couple similar! #14

scoobyscott

Really like your wets, its not a style/ method I ever use. Need to change that I think. Meantime heres some duracells I rattled up for todays grayling trip [attachimg=1]

scoobyscott

Last night's efforts [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Wildfisher

Those are nice nymphs. Of all the flies I fish nymphs like that are probably the most effective.

Robbie

Cracking ties Scott, What size are the hooks and beads?

scoobyscott

Cheers
Thread flies are 16 and a 3.5mm bead and the bottom one is a 14 with a 3.8mm. Both hanak 450 so wide gape and short shank

Wildfisher

I tied a few of these this morning just in case I take leave of my senses and go grayling fishing. :D

[attachimg=1]

Highlander

Nicely tied Fred.One of my all time traditional Grayling flies. Still stands the test of time. No slouch for Broonies too.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

It's a good loch fly too Alan. I'd forgotten about it until Burnie mentioned he got his grayling on it last week.  Once up at the Crask Bob Wyatt got a cracking brown on Loch Fiag  - I asked him about the fly - "the good old red tag Fred" was the answer  :lol:

These old favourites became popular for a reason.

Go To Front Page