News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Does your coach need an MOT?

Started by Wildfisher, November 06, 2009, 12:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Got this email today. If you have a coach  that needs upgraded please take appropriate action.   :D

Press Release ? 2 November 2009

Chance for Angling Coaches to Upgrade

Many anglers have achieved instructors? or coaching qualifications or awards such as STANIC and C25 dating back five or more years and which are no longer adequate to become a licensed coach. A scheme launched by the Angling Development Board (ADB) gives these anglers the chance to upgrade to the modern coaching qualification compatible with other sports and the UK Coaching Certificate.

Jackie Sheldon, Senior Development Manager for the ADB explains;

?Through the UKCC Source Group and our Coach Steering Group, the ADB has developed ?bridging packs? which will enable these instructors to meet requirements for becoming ADB licensed coaches and will be accepted by Local Authorities, County Sports Partnerships and schools throughout England and eventually the UK.?

?We are expecting at least 80 applications for this opportunity and hope it will encourage many lapsed coaches into being more active and getting involved in all the new angling initiatives starting around the country.?

Anyone holding an angling qualification or award other than the 1st4sport Certificate in Coaching Angling can apply using the ?Recognised Prior Learning? (RPL) forms on the Angling Trust ? ADB website where the process is explained.  It usually includes one day of additional training plus a two-day assessment. The cost of the upgrade has been reduced to ?80 by funding secured by the ADB and many applicants will also be eligible for grants, sponsorship and bursaries to offset this cost.  Help is available on this from the ADB office or its Regional staff.

ENDS

Notes of Editors

1.The Angling Development Board (ADB) is a company limited by guarantee that was formed in April 2007 to protect and develop the interests of angling and recreational fisheries in the UK. The ADB works alongside the Angling Trust and operates in partnership with, and with funding from, Sport England, the Environment Agency and British Waterways.

2. The UK Coaching Certificate is a recognised kite-mark of National Governing Bodies of Sport coaching programmes against national quality assured standards.

3. Further information regarding the RPL process can be found on the ADB website http://www.anglingtrust.net/page.asp?section=150&sectionTitle=Recognised+Prior+Learning

Wildfisher

It's the Coach Steering Group that worries me. Can you imagine being on a coach steered by a group? Which way would it go? Would it stop at all the right places?  Is it even legal?   :D

Wildfisher

It kinda puzzles me why these people  send me these emails I get hunners of them.  :shock:  I guess they must be  mixing me  up with someone  who gives a  f**k about stuff like this.  Whatever happened to just going fishing? :roll:

Wildfisher

As I said I get lots of similar emails. Notifications of new "governing bodies" replacing old "governing bodies", stuff about all the fish otters are eating, stuff about the threat posed to salmon by a few beavers ------------ at which point I stop reading...... who are these people?  Self appointed guardians  of angling's rights and wrongs as they see them? Making sure none of the little people stray from straight, narrow, well governed paths? Can you remember voting for them? Did you ask them to govern you? 

Malcolm

I too get these sorts of emails from people in a different sport. I have a standard reply:

"Thank for your email however I do believe you have mistaken me for someone who gives a shit"
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Wildfisher

Quote from: Alan on November 08, 2009, 12:09:21 AM
...they been looking at beaver statistics of 12 months

yes, many men do but do they really expect to paid as well?   :D

Go To Front Page