News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

car vac rod holders

Started by garryh, May 22, 2017, 09:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garryh

Anybody out there ,used these or have any experience of using them. I know the magnetic ones had a reputation as  a bit hit or miss . but i have not heard any reports on the vacuum ones.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

I have Wheatley rod carriers, had them for 15 years still use them now and then. I would not drive fast with them on though.

tomsampson

I have Sumo vacuum rod carriers. Pricey but very strong grip and reliable. I would recommend them with confidence.

Billy

I have a set but cannot remember the make.

I had no problem with them when I drove a Hyundai Santa Fe and would often drive back from the Earn at a speed that would be on the verge of gaining me penalty points with no problem whatsoever.
I used them on the L200 and for some reason it would not get a grip on the bonnet and one fell off when I was driving down to the local train station one day.
Sort of lost confidence in them then.

Ideal if you are using them travelling up or down the banks of a river but I would have second thoughts of using them on the open road now.

Billy

johnny boy

One thing to watch out for is that some makes can leave scratches on your car, the set I have, sorry don't know the make as they were given to me as a prezzy second hand and have no makers markings.

They appear to be stable but leave the smallest of scratches, maybe its because I don't leave them on all the time and am not the most subtle when removing them.  I have seen similar markings on other cars.

I don't give a feck about my car so it does not bother me but if your a car lover then beware, maybe others can advise if they have experienced similar issues with their makes.

Hill loch gold

I've had the wheatley vac rod holders for a few years now and have been pleased with them. Drove a good few miles with rods on them plenty of times and never had any issues whatsoever.

garryh

thanks for the comments folks its given me some idea. but its not for my car ,its my mates brand new 17 plate so im not sure he would be risking leaving marks on the bonnet.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Go To Front Page