News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Nymphing Rod

Started by Wildfisher, May 28, 2017, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

Quote from: scoobyscott on May 28, 2017, 08:40:46 PM
That's him. Were you out today on the outing? I got offered work last minute so couldn't go
No not at the outing but went up to see him as i had made up some new zealand style indicators as shown on here by Fred, which he could give to anyone who wanted them.

alba

My nymphing rods are 6ft and 7ft 6, I prefer to be casting and have line out rather than dangle leader out the end of a long rod and pretend its fly fishing.  :lol: :lol: :crap

Wildfisher

Quote from: alba on May 29, 2017, 03:01:51 PM
dangle leader out the end of a long rod and pretend its fly fishing.  :lol: :lol: :crap

I dare you to go over to fly fishing forums and post that. I have in the past had flack for telling them it was just bait fishing with flies but much less skillful because you don't have to worry about the worm flying off the hook.  :lol:

alba

I've not been on that forum for some time, well overdue for stirring up the pot  :D

loch coulter

Quote from: admin on May 29, 2017, 03:38:42 PM
I dare you to go over to fly fishing forums and post that. I have in the past had flack for telling them it was just bait fishing with flies but much less skillful because you don't have to worry about the worm flying off the hook.  :lol:
Well, everyone to their own including the galloway hill walkers :8)

Billy

Wychwood river and stream 11' 3#.

You should be able to pick one up as it's an old model now I think.

Billy

corsican dave

how many would you like, Fred?
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

scoobyscott

I have the flextec 10' 3 and it's a great rod mine was dearer though at £70. Worth it though
Quote from: loch coulter on May 29, 2017, 12:58:49 PM
No not at the outing but went up to see him as i had made up some new zealand style indicators as shown on here by Fred, which he could give to anyone who wanted them.

Looks like a good day was had. Are you from the wee county too? Do you fish the Devon?

Go To Front Page