News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Nymphing Rod

Started by Wildfisher, May 28, 2017, 08:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Been thinking about buying a dedicated nymphing rod. Probably a 10 foot #2 weight. Something with a  softish action that would suit lobbing heavy nymphs on a  French leader.

Think bait fishing with flies - because that is exactly what European style nymph fishing is.   :crap

Don't think I'll use it much so don't want to spend a small fortune.

Any suggestions?

scoobyscott

My mate just bought a 10' 2 weight. I'll find out the details think it was £88.

sagecirca

Hard to beat the Hanak Superlights IMO Fred.  Bit more expensive but just that bit nicer than what's currently out there.  Think I still qualify for a 15% discount on RRP...

Wildfisher

Good stuff guys, keep the suggestions coming.  :D

scoobyscott

That's the one I was talking about burnie, was just going to post the same link 👍🏼 I've not have it a wiggle but my mate says it's a good rod for the price.

Wildfisher

These rods appear to be widely available. Let me know what you think of the rod once you have wiggled it!  :D

loch coulter

Quote from: scoobyscott on May 28, 2017, 11:56:37 AM
My mate just bought a 10' 2 weight. I'll find out the details think it was £88.
Cailean Moore, look him up on the upstream nymph on face book, a real gentleman who will give you good advice.

scoobyscott

Quote from: loch coulter on May 28, 2017, 08:23:09 PM
Cailean Moore, look him up on the upstream nymph on face book, a real gentleman who will give you good advice.
That's him. Were you out today on the outing? I got offered work last minute so couldn't go

ant0

My nymphing rod is a 10ft 3# Flextec Streamtec that I picked up for about £45-50 from memory (ignore their daft RRP's of £200+).  Lovely finished rod for the price and a joy to use.  I've also to the same rod in a 6ft 3# for small streams thats like holding a feather, lovely.   And as I have a problem and have 14-15 rods, I've also got one in an 8ft 4#  :lol:

Go To Front Page