News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wellies

Started by Hill loch gold, May 29, 2017, 08:25:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny boy

I was in Grahams one day with a couple of friends, one was a game keeper and the other a well off chap new to angling with more money than common sense (lovely guy and a really good friend).

He was asking for advice on a whole range of things, trousers, caps, rods, reels, you name it the question was asked.

My gamekeeper friend started to see how far he could take the advice before being busted.  I think the penny was starting to drop when he advised not to get a green coloured rod as that's the colour the trout can see most.

Finally he asked what the difference was between 2 sets of wellies, both made by same manufacturer, one set with buckles the other without.

The answer he got 'about £20'.

arawa

Le Chameau with the Vibram soles. Light, comfortable, excellent grip, and fold to fit in a rucksack if you want to walk in in lighter footwear. My current pair are on their 4th season and I use them a lot.
For the garden I have a pair of Lidl's best at £7; excellent for that purpose but I would not want to walk up the hill in them.

Captain conger

rigger boots.. 20 bucks a pair and I get about a year out them. they get abused no end. you can even use them for hammering yer tent pegs in and tidying up the embers of the fire.

SoldierPmr

Quote from: Captain conger on May 30, 2017, 08:02:25 PM
rigger boots.. 20 bucks a pair and I get about a year out them. they get abused no end. you can even use them for hammering yer tent pegs in and tidying up the embers of the fire.

Always thought of them as quite heavy my old sparks wore them and were forever dragging their feet across the ground  :lol:

Hill loch gold

Thanks for all the input guys.
I ended up ordering a pair of seeland estate with the vibram sole.

[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

Good Move !!!   These are the ones I use for "winter wellies", excellent grip and well made boots.
The zip tab folds down inside the top of the zip edges and out of the way.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page