News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Chinese waders

Started by Lochan_load, May 11, 2017, 08:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Following on from the 'Chinese reels' what about these breathable waders? £55 delivered, 3 layer breathable material, taped seams etc. Watch out for the sizing though, I'm a medium but in China I'm an xxl  :shock:  :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262857339592

Highlander

In the item specific section it states
Material: neoprene
but goes on to describe breathable material. I am confused.   :roll: Suppose it is worth a punt can't be any worse than what is already on offer at 3/4 times the price. Still returns would be a problem & you will have to pay the postage.
Maybe not
Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

alba

Personally wouldn't touch anything like that with a bargepole, I'm pretty rough on my waders tho with the type of fishing I do, climbing through trees and bushes and srambling over rocks etc.

One session up the burn and they would be in a bag on their way to diver dave.

Bobfly

There again they might be coming from a factory that makes 75% of the waders sold in the UK  :shock: :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Lochan_load

Not buying them but I am tempted just to see the difference, not sure there would be that much compared to most brands. If they leaked after a season (they will  :roll: ) it would be easier to take on the chin.

corsican dave

Quote from: Bobfly on May 11, 2017, 11:11:13 PM
There again they might be coming from a factory that makes 75% of the waders sold in the UK  :shock: :shock:
quite possibly. that doesn't mean they're made with the same materials & the same quality control.

we manufacture stuff for the offshore industry; would you be happy if i supplied you with something made from steel that was only tested to +20c conditions when you really needed it tested to -40; load tested vs not load tested; welding just given a quick visual vs full Ultrasonic Testing..... ? we can do both. you can guess which is cheaper

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page