News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Secondhand tackle prices

Started by arawa, September 05, 2023, 03:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arawa

Like most members here, I have far more rods and reels than I use and I was thinking of offering some for sale. But checking the other forum and EBay, it seems to me that the prices of older Sage etc rods has dipped sharply of late and even then they are not selling. Is that the case?

Wildfisher

I'm not certain, but what I do know is these things fluctuate wildly over time. Guitars are the same and oddly enough one of my sons told me the other day that those "in the know"  reckon the arse will fall out of the vintage guitar market soon. The reason being demographics. Old rockers are dying out fast (I'm 70 FFS) and guitars play very little part in the corporate clonal shit show that passes for music now and that youngsters are being conned  with.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume fishing is the same. When did you last see a kid fishing? It's just not PC. Supply and demand sets the price of everything and as more old timers croak the more the market will be flooded with gear that has little or no market.

Probably better to sell now and get what you can for it.

burnie

Getting the same with DSLR cameras, folk going to the mirrorless or using an ipad/phone, prices are dropping.

arawa

Quote from: admin on September 05, 2023, 03:43:06 PMI don't think it's unreasonable to assume fishing is the same.

Probably better to sell now and get what you can for it.

Nah, I'll just hang on to them thinking I might use them someday and let my son dispose of them 😀

Wildfisher

burnie

I've still got crap boys bamboo and glass rods from the 50's and 60's, my dad used a few of them for pea sticks, that was probably the best idea for them.

Go To Front Page