News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

More on T&S

Started by trollscot, October 16, 2005, 07:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trollscot

Ijust bought my annual copy of trout and salmon, somthing to read while on holiday with the wife and kids, i was looking forward to the article about the Awe system, but to the idiots at T&S the Awe system seems to  only hold Salmon , the article was all about the river awe and river orchy,which is ok if you are in one of the syndicates that fish these rivers but is of no use to most of the fishers who fish the Awe system.
I reckon that there are more folk who fish in loch awe on any weekend day than all the fishers who get to fish the river awe/orchy in a season, so in terms of angling days the loch is of more importance, oh! there was a mention of loch awe, it was those pesky Ferox eating up the precious salmon parr :roll:  :roll: .

p.s i did like the wild camping part, at least it was normal people fishing.

rant over ........cheers.........james.

Wildfisher

Yup,

?Trout and Salmon?  should be re-named

?Salmon and the Occasional  Trout? would be more accurate. This is one reason I seldom buy it.

trollscot

John i stopped buying it when they all but ignored Ken Olivers 30lb8oz Brown, they gave it a tiny picture in the gallery section with a few lines of text.
Can you imagine the fuss they would have made if a 70lb Salmon was caught, but it seems that the biggest trout in 150 years in the UK was not very important.

I had T&S magazines dating back to 1971, so i had a record of the decline of the mag.

cheers.james.

IanR

True re T&S.

They could do an article on all the cr@p I (and no doubt many others do) picked up three weeks back; line, hooks, weights, beer cans, broken glass, bottles, bait boxes, spinner wrappers, takeaway packaging, etc., etc., etc.

But that doesn't sell magazines.

Cheers

Ian.

nikkitam

i get a yearly subscription to the mag from my better half as part of my xmas so should'nt really complain but must admit to having sympathy with previous comments - souds a bit petty but mention of the fishing parties and their guests who have the wherewithall to fish those hallowed waters is  what rankles me a little - most of the articles i find quite interesting

Go To Front Page