News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Library - Essential Skills

Started by Wildfisher, January 29, 2006, 10:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Got a video from Jim Eddie   (jedi). Two of   these Oliver Edwards series on one tape. Damned good stuff. All about, Czech nymphing, upstream nymphing and fishing north country spiders.

OK, so I have been doing all three the wrong way, hell, geez a break,  no one’s perfect !!!   :twisted:  :lol:

Truly superb stuff. The fishing techniques will be very, very  useful.

However…………………..

There is a great emphasis put on very close imitation fly tying and this takes up most of the tape. Don’t  get me wrong, this guy is a master tier, his flies are works of art. He has put many, many years  of  work and hard won experience into producing these flies. What I wonder however is ………….is it all really necessary?  The intricate fly tying I mean?  

This all kind of flies in the face  of the current theories by Bob Wyatt et al, that exact imitation is not the way to go and believe me, Oli’s nymphs  ARE damned near exact imitation.

So, what do you think?  Would a simple tying of a Czech nymph work  just as well as one of these jobs that take 1 ? hours  to tie?

Comments please……….

I  got the video from Jim on the understanding  I would pass it on for the benefit of others.  This I will do, provided the recipient agrees to do the same. There is no need to keep it for more than a day or two, week at the  very most I watched it twice and reckon that’s enough.

Folk who are not as smart as I am might have to watch it 3 times though…. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

The quicker you watch it the  quicker some other member gets the benefit. Put plenty of time by, it lasts about 3 hours.

So, who want’s it first?  First one to PM me with their name and address will have it later this week.

Ultimately, it should go back to Jim.

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page