News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

loch fishing - theory and practise - rc bridgett

Started by beaniboy67, February 14, 2006, 01:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaniboy67

loch fishing - theory and practise - rc bridgett (how to catch them series)

i read this book years ago when i managed to get a loan of it from my local library.Think i was about 18 at the time and forgot about it until recently.After some hunting i managed to track down the edited copy for about 4 pound online and just finished it tonight.Really good book and quite ahead of its time really.

Just wondered if anyone has it or has read it?

The funny thing was my girlfriends Dad spotted it lying on her coffee table and couldnt believe his eyes.He told me that it was his bible when he was 16.He even looked inside the front cover to se if his name was on it as it was such a shock to him when he saw it.I think it kinda brought back memories for him.I guess it was a very importat book 40 years ago and apart from the strange writing style it was very informative and well written.

i would recomend it to anyone fishing for wild trout.

im going to try and track down the full un edited edition now as i guess there must be some good stuff pulled from the how to catch them version.

cheers

beaniboy67

jesus i just noticed that coch y bondu has my edition for 35 quid  :shock:  :o

Wildfisher

Quote from: beaniboy67jesus i just noticed that coch y bondu has my edition for 35 quid  :shock:  :o

Better make sure you have LOADS of spare cash before visiting   coch y bondu books. They were wanting about  40 quid for a copy of “Fishing a Highland Stream”.  F*”! that as they say, what a bloody rip off.

Fierybroon

Another book for my library!I put a link about countryside books .They are quite reasonably priced.

beaniboy67

i had been looking last night sandfly for the full edition as i had the how to catch them edition and its edited quite a bit.

all the prices i was getting were over 25 pounds but that was excellent. i just bought that full 1924 copy for 7 pounds
:D

cheers

Fishtales

sandfly (Davy) isn't in this thread, but I know it is me you are talking too, so you are welcome :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

beaniboy67

Quote from: fishtalessandfly (Davy) isn't in this thread, but I know it is me you are talking too, so you are welcome :)

dont know where i got that from.I new it was you who sent the message aswell.

cheers

that was an example of my mispent youth lol

Wildfisher

Quote from: broontrootSandy your a star, i bought Fishing a Highland Stream through the links you placed

cheers Graham

I  just ordered a copy of that too Graham, from Sandy’s links. Amazing how the same book when ordered from the US costs a third of what it does here.  :roll:

Go To Front Page