News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rivers and Lochs Of Scotland New Edition

Started by Wildfisher, December 04, 2009, 06:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

On behalf of the WFF  I?d  like to take this opportunity to thank  Bruce for the kind words he had for our forum and its members in his  introduction.

The publicity  will do us no harm at all and  it?s  enough in any case  just to know that Scotland?s most significant  and prolific angling journalist and writer of  the past 30 years holds us in such high regard.

I can only agree with  Michael Wigan?s foreword comment  ?This book will not be superseded?

It won?t and neither will the WFF and its  generous, adventurous  and  dedicated members!

Thank you Bruce!

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Clan Ford

Just hope Bruce's comments about light so'westerlies comes true :D  

Got mine in the post today, it was a pressie from my wife for my Birthday, she was most impressed with Bruce's follow up letter to her.  She thinks your are real gentleman Bruce - unlike the rest of the "wierdos" I go fishing with :roll:  Sorry guys :?

Norm

Tweed

Could anyone tell me if I've missed the boat to order a signed copy from the man himself?  I'll be kicking myself for weeks if I've missed out on such an opportunity :(.  My '92 edition is starting to fall apart through serious over-use.

Guddler

I think you can order straight from Bruce through this link:

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11739.msg115893

......... I hope so anyway as I still haven't got my order in yet !! :oops:

Tweed

Cheers Guddler, will get a cheque off tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed.

Really is a fantastic offer, and thanks to the forum guys for setting up the opportunity.

Tweed

I love a happy ending :D.  Happy recipient of one signed copy courtesy of my sister dropping the man himself a wee note.  The gent that he is sent it out within a couple of days.  Really is a cracking resource and there's obviously a hell of a lot of work gone into updating it from earlier editions.

superscot

Mines through as well .....Huge thanks to Bruce for the time and effort for the signing ....Memory map now on the go deciding on trips for next year.

This ones high up on the list !
[attachimg=1]

superscot

QuoteAye Colin this yins certainly worthy of a look, if you can get past all the others on the way (the burn leading up to it's not too bad either given a little water).

Allan i get the feeling you have made a wee venture before into this one .......spectacular views and fishing as well if the weather is right

All i will say is the STEPPING STONES i fell up to ma arse in the outflow ! 

And leave it at that

cheers Colin ....

ps Allan still fancy that wee meet up next year at some time ....work is not good at this moment so will depend on that

cheers

Part-time

My none to subtle hints paid off and I received my copy for Christmas as well :D

Many thanks Bruce for all your efforts and I hope you get plenty of time this year to fish as many of the waters in your book as you can!

Go To Front Page