News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Rivers and Lochs Of Scotland New Edition

Started by Wildfisher, December 04, 2009, 06:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillBones

Yip cheers bruce great bible my my mum got a signed copy from the angling centre thanks for the kind words but not sure if the wife will thank you for the weekends away :lol:

scottish-loch-lad

Bruce,

Yesterday I received my copy of your new book through the post. For the last 18 months, I have been referring to the 1985 copy someone gave to me and thought that this was a very concise accompaniment to my rod and tackle. It came everywhere with me.

If I wasnt sitting at home during the spring, summer, autumn and winter nights with my head in the book, pulling over in laybys to just recheck that location, sitting in a b&b in assynt discussing its contents with someone, in a far flung pub having a pint with it by my side or trying to see it in my tent as my headtorch batteries faded, then i was probably working.

I didnt think, other than some newer names and numbers, that I could have a better book. Yesterday when i went to the PO to cllect the 2009 edition, i litterally stopped breathing for a moment. I couldnt believe my eyes when I held the new bible and realised how much information it contained ! I immediately told everyone who loves fishing, they had to get a copy.

It has happened before, and your book has been a guide to everyone who takes wild trout fishing seriously, but I'm sure when im in my 70s and 80s, I'll see copies of this book dotted around bookshelves of hotels, and remote places in Scotland, and say to my grandkids ''look theres Bruces book, the one I used to use when i was a young man''.

Its difficult for me to express clearly enough in words how amazing this work is and I can only hope that something I said above really lets you know how much we appreciate your writing.

Chris Provan

Ian_M

Very well put Chris, I'm sure many will agree with those sentiments.
Ian

Go To Front Page